Our talented team
Click on each bio for more information.
Who We Are
- We are a team of dedicated health professionals specialising in the treatment of musculo-skeletal pain such as back pain, neck pain, sports injuries and much more.
- Our goal is to optimise your function - whatever that may mean for you - it might be completing that triathlon you’ve been training for or being able to play with your grandchildren without pain.
- We are a 'hands-on manaul therapy' clinic - we won't just give you a list of exercises (although specific, tailored exercises are nearly always part of the treatment and homework). Our therapists have very specialised manual techniques and skills such as joint and soft tissue mobilisations, joint manipulation, fascial and trigger point release and acupuncture. We believe that these techniques can reduce pain and help speed up recovery from injury and get you back to normal function faster than with just exercises alone.
- We believe that people should have access to great healthcare and have helped thousands of people in Islington and the surrounding areas since we opened in 1998.
- We are trusted by local GPS and Consultants to provide expert care and rehabilitation.
- We are recognised by all the main Private Health Insurers including AXA PPP and BUPA.
- We have an extensive network of other trusted Health Professionals and Medical Services such as Consultants, Podiatrists and Investigative Services that we can recommend and refer on to when our clients require additional help.
Our Clinic, near Angel in Central London, aims to provide a high level of professional, effective and efficient private health care with an excellent level of customer service.
What makes us different?
- The consistently high quality of our staff chosen for :
- Their passion for their profession and career
- Their commitment to ongoing professional development allowing them to offer the most up-to-date thinking, research and treatment to their patients.
- Our Practice Principal - Helen Skehan, established the clinic in 1998 coming from a strong background in Manual Therapy and Hands-On Physiotherapy. When the clinic became too busy for her to see everyone on her own, her focus with recruitment was to choose therapists that had a similar passion for 'Hands-On' physiotherapy and had highly developed, manual therapy skills.
- We have an in-house, regular Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme whereby we share new research, learning from courses attended, have Consultant visits and updates and practice advanced technical skills.
2. Our attention to detail
- Our efforts are patient-centred at all times from the initial consultation and discussions of patient expectations to formulation of goals and review outcome measures.
- We liaise with GPs and Consultant or other Referrers to advise them of our assessment findings and plans for treatment.
- We send progress letters to Referrers where appropriate to update them on our patient’s progress.
- If a patient isn’t responding to the treatment the way we think they should or within the time-frame that we have envisioned, we liaise with our colleagues to see if we can try an alternative approach; get a fresh viewpoint possibly with a different physio. Alternatively, we refer the patient back to their GP or Referrer with our opinion on investigations or further management recommended as appropriate. If the patient is privately insured or self-funding we can also advise on a specific Specialist via our extensive list of Consultants.
3. We constantly monitor and review our procedures and policies to keep up-to-date both clinically and also in terms of our service delivery. This involves Clinical and Service Audit where we audit our records and service delivery.
4. We are a friendly clinic with a positive environment that is a rewarding and fun place to both work in and have treatment.
"The exercises you worked out for me were wonderful. They had an immediate effect so that by the end of the following week I actually had a pain-free day. Seeing you was really the turning point and I am extremely grateful."