Top Tips to get you into Exercise and Keep You on the Right Track
- Set yourself some goals to start – how many times a week do you want to exercise, doing what and for how long - try and be realistic and not too hard on yourself to start with. Write it down. Also set a review date: not too far in the future to start with to check on your progress and amend or extend your targets.
- If you want to do exercise first thing in the morning, keep your exercise clothes by your bed. If you’re already dressed for exercise, it decreases the likelihood you’ll put it off. Maybe you’ll wear the kit all day (as I have done!) and still not go to the gym but often it can help remind you.
- If you do your exercise at home and find it a chore to roll and unroll that yoga mat all the time – cover it with a nice rug and leave it on the floor. That way it stays in place to be rolled back when you’re ready to do your stretches. (Thank you to patient Hilary for this one – she suggests a nice kilin rug!).
- Make an appointment for your exercise session – give it a time in your diary like your dental appointment and then go to it.
- Try and get a friend to join you – it makes it harder to back out and you can encourage each other along the way.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself if you find it hard to stick to an exercise plan. It takes a while to build new habits. Remember you’re only one exercise session away from getting back on track. Keep at it and you’ll soon start seeing changes and feel that you don’t want to miss it. Then you’re really on track!
For any help or advice on what exercise is best for you please contact us on 020 77137780 or email email@example.com
"Thank you so much for fixing my leg!"