Private Medical Insurance Referrals
Physio Solutions Clinic is recognised by the major private health insurance companies for physiotherapy treatment.
Most insurance companies require that referring physiotherapists are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP) and registered with the Health Professions Council. All of our Physiotherapists fulfil these criteria.
Before commencing treatment
In most cases of pre-authorised treatment, we can claim the cost of your treatment directly from your insurer, thus saving you the need to pay out fees in advance and the paperwork involved in claiming back treatment costs.
Please contact your insurance company before commencing treatment to check and confirm your individual policy conditions relating to a claim and to receive your pre-authorisation or claim number.
Often you have to be referred by your GP or Specialist in order to claim the cost of your physiotherapy treatment through your private medical insurance but your insurance provider will be able to advise you on their particular requirements.
If you wish for Physio Solutions to invoice the insurance company directly you must bring all your insurance details with you to your first appointment (registration numbers and claim or pre-authorisation numbers). We can only offer direct insurance company billing with UK based insurance companies. In situations where your insurance company is based overseas, we will be able to give you receipts outlining your treatment so that you can claim your fees back from them where applicable.
Special questions to check with the insurance company
- Is there an excess on the policy?
- Do you have to pay for part of the treatment yourself.
- How much insurance cover is available?
- Is there a set number of treatments or monetary limit. Please note that if your insurance company does not cover your treatment charges in full, any outstanding amount will be due from you.
- Is the financial assistance provided for physiotherapy treatment alone or is it part of an overall sum for specialist services?
This is important if a Consultant is involved or if further investigations are being considered.
- Is there a time limit for the treatment to take place once started or an authorisation number has been issued?
If you have any further queries on any aspect of receiving treatment when you have private medical insurance, please contact us or call on 020 7713 7780.