Face to Face Physiotherapy Consultations During Covid-19
We have had to make considerable changes* to our Clinic procedures to improve safety and minimise risk during the current epidemic
- We are continuing to offer virtual treatment as your first option for treatment where possible
- We are using virtual triage (telephone and on-line) to risk assess, as part of infection prevention control measures, and to determine clinical need for each individual patient prior to an initial in-clinic appointment
Face-to-face appointments are being offered on a case-by-case basis following a video consultation or telephone triage.
*Guidelines from our professional body (Chartered Society of Physiotherapy) and Public Health England
What a Face-To-Face Consultation looks like
This video editied from BBC news item on GP surgeries gives an insight into how your appointment is for a face-to-face appointment at the clinic. We are wearing similar protective clothing and cleaning in a similar way between appointments.
Pre-Appointment Health Questionnaire
- Before your appointment we will send you a questionnaire by email to complete and return. It will ask you about your problem and reason for seeking a face-to-face appointment. It will ask you about any recent health symptoms that you or anyone in your household may have had such as:
- Recent fever
- A new or continuous cough
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
We will not be able to see you if you or anyone in your household has or has had symptoms of Coronavirus in the last 14 days or if you have been in contact with someone who has had confirmed Covid 19 in the last 14 days. In this situation we would request that you do not attend your appointment or come to the clinic. Please follow the government and PHE guidelines. more information on Covid19 symptoms
In addition, we will ask you regarding recent travel to a country requiring Quarantine on your return to the UK more information on travel corridors and quarantine
When you arrive In The Clinic
- Your temperature will be taken on your arrival (infra-red non-touch forehead thermometer) and if you have a raised temperature your appointment will not go ahead.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for you to use when you arrive.
- We will require you to bring your own face covering or mask to wear during your appointment. We will have masks available to purchase at £2 should you forget yours or not have one.
- There will be an on-site questionnaire that your therapist will go through with you – you will again be asked about symptoms (of you or anyone in your household) as above.
- Your therapist will be wearing PPE including a mask, apron, gloves and possibly a face visor or goggles.
General Information About Your Appointment
- We will ask you to attend your appointment on your own where at all possible. Name and contact details of any accompanying person will be taken in case of track and trace requirements.
- To maximise your safety, we recommend that you try and attend your appointment on time and not early, where possible, to minimise using our waiting area.
- We recommend that you wear suitable clothing for your appointment if possible to minimise changing requirements -e.g. shorts and tracksuits/wide-legged trousers for lower limb conditions. Please bring your own shorts if required and a towel or covering if required for massage appointments.
- We will ask you to maintain at least a 1m distance whilst you are not receiving treatment.
Further Information on our plans to keep you and our staff safe
- In our early opening phase, we plan to have just one therapist on site and therefore just one client in the clinic at any one time.
- There will be gaps between appointments to allow cleaning of the rooms and all equipment and furniture used.
- All Admin, booking services and payment services will be conducted off-site.
- Pre-payment for your appointment will be required on-line, unless you are using private medical insurance. We are not currently accepting cash payments.
- We regret that the water dispenser will not be in use - please bring your own water if you require it.
- Additional cleaning protocols will be in place to ensure the best levels of hygiene.
- All staff on-site will also be temperature checking daily as well as keeping detailed records of all safety protocols.
- Come on time
- Come on your own if posssible
- Bring anything you may need such as water, shorts and a towel or covering
- Give us a call before your appointment if you have any queries
We will continue to offer Remote Consultations to everyone who would like to access our services without attending the clinic. If you would like to speak to one of our team as to which pathway of care would be most suitable for you and your condition please give us a call on 020 77137780 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Thank you very much for your help, you've made my shoulder even better than before the injury!"